Last Updated: January 6, 2020
1. Data Protection Officer: Ovid Therapeutics is headquartered in New York, in the United States. Ovid has appointed an internal data protection officer for you to contact if you have any questions or concerns about Ovid’s personal data policies or practices. Ovid’s data protection officer’s name and contact information are as follows:
General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer
Ovid Therapeutics Inc.
New York, New York 10036
3. A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has submitted Personal Data to Ovid, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding the processing of Personal Data may be less protective than the laws in your country. By providing your data, you consent to such processing and transfer.
5. Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that, by itself, allows someone to identify or contact you as an individual, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons and that is not associated with or linked to Personal Data. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us.
⦁ If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name; status as a caregiver/patient, healthcare provider, or patient advocate; and email address, as well as any other content included in your e-mail to us, in order to send you a reply and add you to our mailing list.
⦁ If you provide us with your email address on our investor page, we will add you to our mailing list.
⦁ We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Services that state that Personal Data is being collected.
Information Collected via Technology.
Information Collected by Our Servers
⦁ To make our Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) may collect information from your computer or device, including but not limited to:
⦁ The date and time of your visit and the web pages, content, and advertisements you view and links you click on while navigating within our Services;
⦁ Information about the type of content accessed via our Services;
⦁ The site you visited before and after visiting our Site;
⦁ Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so that other computers connected to the Internet can communicate with your browser online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
⦁ Search terms you enter using our Services or on a referral site;
⦁ Information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies (see additional descriptions of these terms below).
⦁ Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
6. Use of Your Personal Data
⦁ General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, aid us in serving you better, and improve our Services. We and our authorized service providers may use your Personal Data in various ways, including:
⦁ providing our Services;
⦁ providing improved administration of our Services;
⦁ measuring and analyzing audience traffic and improve the quality of your experience when you interact with our Services;
⦁ adding you to our mailing list if you contact us;
⦁ sending you information which may be of interest to you;
⦁ sending you administrative email notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
⦁ responding to your inquiries;
⦁ helping recognize you as a previous visitor;
⦁ preventing potentially prohibited or illegal activities, comply with applicable law and enforce our Terms and Conditions Agreement; and
⦁ for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
⦁ User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her Personal Data along with the testimonial.
⦁ Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
⦁ Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with other third-party service providers that provide technical support and/or provide other services to, for, or on behalf of Ovid.
8. Third-Party Websites. Our Services may contain links to third-party websites. When you click on a link to any other website, you will leave our Services and go to another site, and another entity may collect Personal Data or Anonymous Data from you. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, these outside websites or their content.
9. Your Choices Regarding Information. You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
⦁ Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions or functionalities of the Services. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above.
⦁ Google Analytics. You may prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics by opting out through the use of the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
⦁ Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.